1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

QMS Software

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by jamescrockford, Jan 4, 2019.

1. jamescrockford

jamescrockford Active Member

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good and "competitively priced" QMS software system that handles document control, audit, non-conformance and corrective action etc.

Note, my company is based in the UK.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

James: Haven't yet found one which does anything but document control and corrective action even remotely well...

Daniel Padilla T likes this.
  3. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

I have clients that use EtQ, not for audits though.

4. jamescrockford

jamescrockford Active Member

Thanks for the replies guys...Q pulse is a big one in the UK but very expensive.

To be honest, its something to make the management of NC's and CAPA's that would make my life easier!

At the moment, I have a spreadsheet with details but this requires a lot of manual work in keeping it up to date, e-mailing and chasing assignees and then reporting on the information. How do others do this?

5. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

There are plenty of software applications out there, but each is different in both functionality and cost. Is cloud-based okay or does it need to be on your company's servers? Some include tie-ins to training records. Some are well-based in their industries (e.g., the one my organization uses is fairly common in healthcare in Canada, but I personally find it to be one of the most non-user-friendly programs I've ever used...for the record, I didn't select it).

All that said, it can send emails out and some can even escalate the emails to people's bosses, but there will still be a need to chase people unless there is a culture of accountability. That comes from senior leadership, not a box.

qmr1976 likes this.
  6. pkfraser

pkfraser Active Member

James
    Synergi is used in the Oil & Gas sector in the UK, and I also know of Mango (contact Chris Docherty at FQM) and Action Tracker (Pete Henderson at Pisys) that offer similar functionality. I can give you contact details for Chris and Pete. Not sure of costs, though...

7. usernameron

usernameron New Member

I have QMS software, it has not been updated very well since being installed in 2005ish. I started in 2018 and now have come to the conclusion that I might as well switch to an Office application system. We are a small manufacture with 25 or less employees on two shifts. My problem is the software does not let you transfer/convert files into word format.

8. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day @jamescrockford ;
    Please allow me to repost (here) information I provided previously on this subject...

Flexibility is the key. What if they wish to add columns (control plan) to the the template for alternative processes? What if they wish to utilize a family or modular FMEA for similar products, in which case FMEA and control plan numbering don’t “align “? The key is to make sure the teams don’t ever utter the words “our system won’t let us do that.” These are some of the pitfalls I’ve seen in my years of professional experience. Plex makes systems that seem to be amongst the easiest to utilize but buyer beware of the concerns I mentioned above.

Hope this helps

Be well.

9. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Hiring a student to do the transcribing could be a cost-effective solution.

You could also do a progressive transition - as documents come due for review, make the transition into Word one of the steps for this particular review cycle.

10. Patts

Patts Member

For our uses, we've been very happy with QCBD (Quality Collaboration By Design) software from Cama Software (https://camasoftware.com). Modules we’re using so far include Doc.Control, Customer Feedback, CAPA, NCM Control, Training. It also includes Equipment Mgt., Supplier Mgt., and Process Deviation (only our non-US site is currently using these). We can configure each quite a bit, and can email out of all modules, I believe. We do not use for internal audits. The cost was crazy-low compared to other systems, including purchase of 4 additional sites licenses.

11. KyleG

KyleG Active Member

We are going to start to use NetSuite soon, it hasnt been implemented yet. its in the works, however "competitively priced" is a relative term to each Company,

12. qmr1976

qmr1976 Well-Known Member

In a previous life (FDA regulated industry), we used MasterControl. You can use as many modules as you want but it's not an out of the box software. You will have to validate it by performing several protocols, but it really makes it easy to manage change control, training, corrective actions, etc. I agree with RoxaneB that converting from a manual system to an electronic one doesn't make the approval process go any faster, for sure. It's all about discipline and upper management enforcing the system. There are pros and cons to anything and on the pro side, electronic systems are less cumbersome to maintain. Paper systems just leave a lot of room for error and makes it way too easy to fabricate information. I'm sure they are still around, as I've only been away from that industry for 3 years now and one of my former co-workers just recently left where we worked together to work for MasterControl.

13. Terence Jones

Terence Jones New Member

Hi James, May be a little late to the party...

We use Greenlight Quality Control by Muddy Boots Software they too are a UK based company, we are a small operation with 40 members of staff. They have been around a little while now. May be worth a look?

Thanks,
    TJ

14. qmr1976

qmr1976 Well-Known Member

Also, AIAG has come out with core tools software for APQP, but I haven't really looked into it in great detail to see if it would cover document control, corrective actions and auditing but I know it is fairly inexpensive. I think it's still in the developmental stages but it may be worth looking into. Good luck!

15. Maria Foaster

Maria Foaster New Member

Hi,
    I think you must try ERP solutions which is much reliable nowadays. It's up to you which one you prefer.
    let me know, if you need to know anything?

[Moderator note | Links removed - we do not allow advertising from new users nor without explicitly indicating that you are associated with the product]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
  16. Quality Guy

Quality Guy Member

Your first post is to try to sell your product? Welcome to the forum.

Andy Nichols and qmr1976 like this.
  17. Maria Foaster

Maria Foaster New Member

Hello Quality Guy,
    First of all your forum is superb, I checked many threads. I'll discuss on other topics soon.

I was just trying to help but if it's against your rule then you can remove the link.

Thanks

18. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

It is against the TOS rules - which you are advised to read. ERP "solutions" are NOT QMS software and are rarely the answer.