1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Audit Checklist Development

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Nitish Bhatia, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Nitish Bhatia

Nitish Bhatia Member

I really like your approach.
    Please guide me sir.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

It all starts with management. TO be a good auditor, you really need to become competent, and that starts with training, which needs some money to be allocated. You have to address why management would invest in you becoming trained to audit. Can you identify where investing in your training can save money? Or does your employer have a training budget which is discretionary and could be used to fund your training?

3. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

I just wonder why are asking for the standard color to document the quality policy, mission and vision statements, if you have the copies of the standards.

4. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

My instinct says Nitish is asking because he wants to know if the policy, etc. has to be formatted in a certain way. No, there is no requirement that mandates a particular font size or colour or text alignment.

This is why, Nitish, we keep mentioning training. Training would answer many of your questions and get you on the right track to doing what you need to do. Yes, we can help out here, but going on the training would highlight what you do need to know and your questions would be more relevant to what you are trying to audit and/or develop.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  5. Nitish Bhatia

Nitish Bhatia Member

Thanks mam, U caught me well!!

Andy Nichols likes this.
  6. Nitish Bhatia

Nitish Bhatia Member

Hi...
    As per the standard is it manadatory to document the qualifications of auditor and lead auditor

7. Andy Nichols

Nitish: Can you find the words "qualifications" or "lead" auditor in your copy of the standard? Specifically in clause 7.2 (or 9.2.2)? I'm guessing not. You are required to determine the competency of roles, which may include the internal auditor(s) and show if they meet those competency requirements.

Nitish Bhatia and tony s like this.
  8. Nitish Bhatia

Nitish Bhatia Member

Hii.
    Presence of the functional heads is must for external audit?? or some other departmental members may be the auditee??

9. Andy Nichols

It depends, really. What do YOU think should happen?

10. Nitish Bhatia

Nitish Bhatia Member

Functional heads are mostly busy with operational sites, as I am acting as Management Representative I may proceed for the same

11. Andy Nichols

How long is the audit? They can't organize themselves to be there? Really? Why are you doing something that's not required? Why do you feel the need to take responsibility for other peoples' processes?

Do they understand their roles in demonstrating the system. Do they understand that not being present to demonstrate their processes and leaving it to you is NOT what the QMS is about. DO they realize they are putting the QMS and hence certification in jeopardy?

12. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Not mandatory. But they have to be accountable for whatever audit findings an auditor will generate from the evidences presented by the people left to deal with the auditor.

Nitish Bhatia likes this.
  13. Nitish Bhatia

Nitish Bhatia Member

hello sir, We have passed the ISO stage 1 audit of Integrated management system., Please guide me for the stage 2

14. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Secure an Audit Plan from your CB. This will somehow provide your organization, not just you, the audit objective, scope, the areas, processes and the criteria that your CB auditor will cover. Once the Audit Plan is obtained, prepare the evidences relevant to the criteria that are specified. I am assuming that your organization had already generated adequate evidences to demonstrate conformity.

15. Nitish Bhatia

Nitish Bhatia Member

Many of the documents as evidence has been checked in stage 1 for three standards i.e 9001:2015, 14001:2015,45001:2018.
    Similar kind of process will be followed in stage 2 with broader aspect?

16. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

You're not supposed to rely on the CB audits to determine conformity. Stage 1 is just a review of the organization's readiness for stage 2. Typically, CB auditors will look for the management system manual, the usual procedures (e.g. document control, corrective action, internal audit, etc.), description of the scope, documented objectives, internal audit and management review records.

Stage 2 will be more exhaustive. The CB auditor will now look for evidence of effective implementation. Process owners, not just the management representative, including the top management will be interviewed and requested to provide evidences of conformity with the relevant requirements (i.e. organization's own, customers, standards and regulatory). More time will be allotted for this audit stage.

17. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

How will they better demonstrate their support of the QMS than to be present for this important event?

Nitish Bhatia and John C. Abnet like this.
  18. Nitish Bhatia

Nitish Bhatia Member

Thanks to you all , we successfully completed the stage 2 for IMS . you gave many inputs that helped me alot to complete the process

19. Andy Nichols

Excellent! Were the management team available?

20. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member