1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Referencing ISO Clauses in QMS documentation ?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Suraiya Ramkissoon, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Do you know why? It's because CBs can define their own competency requirements and that may not include being on a Lead Auditor course! That way they save money. Plus, you're not going to get a job with a CB until you've been on a Lead Auditor course - at someone else's expense. You just have to follow the money. CBs don't invest in auditors - particularly contractors - unless they have to. Contractors, similarly, don't want to invest their time (often when they also consult) in spending time traveling to a CB audit staff event if they aren't compensated - which the CB won't do.

Trust me, I've been around CB management for long enough to know the truth.

2. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Point taken. I say "seems" because I cannot speak for the practices of others with whom I am not directly associated.

3. Jennifer Kirley

That is the common refrain, but the formula in DQS incorporates a minimum for full timers plus a bonus for days beyond that. I do earn more than the full time auditors do, but am not clear how it would work out based on that formula.

4. Jennifer Kirley

You have not been inside enough CBs to know all the truth. My CB paid full costs for both my TS 16949 (in 2013) and RC 14001 (in 2013) courses and continues to sponsor upkeep costs for Responsible Care required industry-related certification.

I, as well as my peers are contractors. We are all required to attend the CB's annual training or equivalent as per accreditation rules. They pay a stipend for travel and they pay for our hotel costs.

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

That's nice. One famous CB has a Christmas "gathering" (read into that what you may) for its auditors (I'm guessing some may not attend due to their cultural/religious beliefs or location)...