1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

CAR: Procedure update vs email notification

Discussion in 'Documentation Control, Procedures, Templates,...' started by Neojaw, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Neojaw

Neojaw New Member

Hello,

My question is:

Does an email notification about actions to be taken on a regular basis e.g. "every time we have X request from customer, Y person will be assigned to reply" should be considered enough evidence to close a CAR? or should a procedure need to be updated specifying this criterion?

Regards!

2. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

I suppose it depends on your requirements. Do you need/require a something more formal like a completed 8D form? Does the solution fit the problem?

3. Neojaw

Neojaw New Member

Yes, the control is doing the job until today, my concern is long-lasting continuity when rotating personnel. I myself would prefer to add this in the SOP, but am being challenged (they claim too much is documented, not practical).

Pancho likes this.
  4. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

That is the risk/reward balance you need to make. You need as much documentation as necessary, but as little as possible.

5. Pancho

Pancho Active Member

The QMS is the right place for an organization’s knowledge. Not brains, not in-boxes. If the instruction does not get to a QMS document, it won’t be long before it is forgotten.

6. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

In the context of ISO standards, as long as you can demonstrate conformity with clause 10.2 of the standard.
    If one of the intentions of the action is to ensure availability of the new criterion to relevant persons, where and when it is needed, you should take into account the requirements in clause 7.5.