1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Management Review HELP

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by KyleG, Feb 7, 2019.

1. KyleG

KyleG Active Member

Hey guys i know this has been talked about previously but i want to bring it up again.
    So far my company (we're a ceramic coating applicator and firearm distributor) has never had a management review involving ISO.
    my question is where do i start? what are topics to bring up and discuss? we havent assigned any part of the developing QMS to anyone yet. Should this initial meeting be what can be expected from people?
    I have never conducted a management review so any assistance is GREATLY appreciated.

2. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

Do you have a copy of the standard? The inputs and outputs are quite explicitly stated.

No need to have a management review until you have a functioning QMS (recognize that one of the inputs is internal audit).

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

As Yodon correctly states, Kyle, you can't have management review something which doesn't exist. ISO 9001 isn't a list of things to do and you're at 9.3 and want to get it checked off the list. A management system has to be created and implemented, with management review being almost the last thing you do.

Suraiya Ramkissoon likes this.
  4. Suraiya Ramkissoon

Suraiya Ramkissoon Active Member

Hi guys,

the Management review is actually the second to last thing on my plan before our stage 1 audit.

however i do a "management update" monthly (30mins -1hr) to basically update the team on the progress of the certification journey and to gain consensus and approval for actions where necessary.

hope this helps a bit.

Suriaya

KyleG likes this.
  5. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

What type of meetings or events to you have to run your day to day, week to week and month to month business? What you'll want to do is incorporate management review into those as opposed to a separate management review meeting. A lot of companies have a monthly or quarterly planning/monitoring meeting where they watch the implementation of their business plan. That would be a good spot for mgmt. review stuff.

tony s and KyleG like this.
  6. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

This wouldn't be used as "management review" would it?

KyleG likes this.
  7. Suraiya Ramkissoon

Suraiya Ramkissoon Active Member

no, this is a monthly update until we do our first Management Review.

Andy Nichols and KyleG like this.
  8. KyleG

KyleG Active Member

I misused management review, i guess management update would be a better term
    Ill do this thank you

Andy Nichols likes this.
  9. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Some guidance from ISO/TS 9002:2016 in conducting management review:
    • review at "planned intervals" could be daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually;
    • reviews can be carried out by various levels of the organization;
    • it is not required that all inputs are covered every review;
    • can be conducted as a standalone activity or in combination with other activities (e.g. meetings, reporting);
    • can be scheduled to coincide with strategic planning, business planning, annual meetings, operational meetings to add value and to avoid redundant meetings.

Andy Nichols and KyleG like this.
  10. Graham Thorpe

Graham Thorpe Member

My approach this time is to get a management review process up an running as nearly number 1 on my list. We are not up for a huge yearly review so are going for frequent ones as another tool in our improvement arsenal. Obviously the first one will not have a shed load of data to analyze but we can look at issues identified in our gap analysis and newly created risk register. I am fortunate as we are a lean mean organisation and there are no hurdles. I guess the company has had MRs before. A month ago they looked at resources and decided they needed me!

11. KyleG

KyleG Active Member

Thats how i was hired at my current job as well LOL!