1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Quality System Auditor Qualification

Discussion in 'ISO 19011 - Auditing Management Systems Guidelines' started by Chris Glover, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Neo113016

Neo113016 Member

I love the word "EMPATHY". And I agree that a lot of people lack this ability specially in internal auditing.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I didn't say how many. Please don't read too much more into my posts. It's a human condition I'm speaking of, not the audit context. CB auditors frequently lack awareness and empathy, too. Indeed, recently, a CB auditor walked into a client and threw the consultant and all of the work they did with the client "under the bus", during a stage 1.

3. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

While what I'm about to share is about a team of employees in a call centre, the use of empathy here caught my attention. We've recently started to monitor and evaluate calls from our clients. The development and deployment of a strategy for enhancing the client experience over the phone has fallen under my portfolio. A couple of months ago, we introduced 5 criteria that would evaluate our agents on and empathy was one of them. Being in healthcare, imagine our shock when we saw a score of <5%! Two months later and we're in the double digits now! Woo hoo! :rolleyes:

Because we can monitoring the entire call from the agent's perspective, we were surprised to discover that we do have empathy for our clients, but we do not direct it to them.

Example.

Agent 1 - *professional tone* Oh, your pump is beeping, Mr. Brown? And you're in pain from a lack of medication? One sec.
    Agent 2 - Hey, what's up.
    Agent 1 - *concerned tone* Hey, it's Mr. Brown. He's in a lot of pain and his pump isn't working properly. What can we do?
    Agent 2 - *concerned tone* That's horrible... *gives advice*
    Agent 1 - Thanks!
    Agent 1 - *professional tone* Hey, Mr. Brown, here's what you can do...

We're learning that our agents are very task-oriented and this may be impacting their ability/awareness about displaying empathy at the right time(s). Yes, with healthcare, we also run the possibility of clinical detachment, so I've started looking at length of employment to empathy levels.

4. Neo113016

Neo113016 Member

OK

5. Suraiya Ramkissoon

Suraiya Ramkissoon Active Member

I'm starting to build a QMS from scratch in my current job and think i'll take an approach like this. I have IRCA Lead Auditor Training and Train the Trainer Training, and experience auditing for 4 companies, I think this should satisfy my competence to develop and execute an internal audit course for my company. it will also save the company a lot both financially and in time. Usually we'd have to spend additional time with new externally trained auditors to expose then to our internal auditing procedure and expectations.

once i build the necessary checks into my internal audit procedure i think i should be fine. I like the framework suggested by Randy. thanks for sharing guys.

Suraiya