1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

What is the most important reason for you to implement ISO /IATF 16949 Certification?

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by jhons, Jul 18, 2018.

1. jhons

jhons New Member

Ans: Customer satisfaction

The benefits of IATF 16949 cannot be overstated; companies large and small have used this standard to great effect, discovering and securing tremendous cost and efficiency savings. Here are just a few of these benefits:

Improve your image and credibility – When customers see that you are certified by a recognized certification body, they will understand that you have implemented a system that is focused on meeting customer requirements and improvement. This improves their trust that you will deliver what you have promised.

Qualify to supply the automotive industry – This is one of the main drives for companies to get certified against IATF 16949. In order to get big customers from the automotive industry, you have to demonstrate that you are able to provide high-quality products with no defects, and an IATF 16949 certificate will prove it.

Improve customer satisfaction – One of the key principles of the IATF 16949 QMS is the focus on improving customer satisfaction by identifying and meeting customer requirements and needs. By improving satisfaction, you improve repeat customer business.

Fully integrated processes – By using the process approach of IATF 16949, you not only look at the individual processes in your organization, but also at the interactions of those processes. By doing this, you can more easily find areas for improvement and resource savings within your organization.

Use evidence-based decision making – Ensuring that you are making decisions based on good evidence is a key to the success of an IATF 16949 QMS. By ensuring that your decisions are based on good evidence, you can better target resources to the best effect to correct problems and improve your organizational efficiency and effectiveness.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2018
  2. _Zeno_

_Zeno_ Member

I don't know of any company who doesn't do it to "Quality to supply the automotive industry". They may spout other answers but how many IATF 16949 certifications are awarded to companies with zero automotive business?

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

None! You can't get IATF certification without automotive customers...

John C. Abnet likes this.
  4. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Not necessarily wrong @jhons , however, as I have spent most of my career working directly with the Japanese OEM, I would point out the conspicuous absences of the Japanese OEM amongst the IATF members.

In regards to the nonparticipation of the Japanese OEM, as I always say...." they make a pretty good car".

Food for thought.

Be well.

5. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

...by the way, I know ISO and/or IATF registered/certified companies that I would not trust to sharpen pencils.

6. ncwalker

ncwalker Well-Known Member

I've seen TS companies that paid for the cert on the wall, certainly.

The rumblings I am hearing in the IATF community I find interesting are:

1) The IATF body is going to do a lot more witness auditing of the certifying bodies. So hopefully the number of bogus certificates will go down.
    2) The fundamental shift from TS to IATF is the involvement of Top Management. It seems that the days of pushing the TS Cert off on the quality manager to just deal with and make go away are gone.

We'll see. September is fast approaching, methinks the automotive supply chain will be late.