1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Is this a compliance issue?

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by unknown, Jun 12, 2018.

1. unknown

unknown New Member

HI All,

I have quite a unique case here which I would like to seek further advice.

Problem: Previously engraving of identification number on engine parts are allowed. However currently due to a change in engine manual, that area become non- part marking zone. Usually for engine parts which come for second repair, a "-1" will be indicated beside the original part number to indicate part has gone through one repair previously.

Thus should i engrave this "-1" beside the original identification number which is marked in the non-marking zone as for now? If I marked, is it a compliance issue as of not following technical data instruction?

2. Steven Severt

Steven Severt Member

If it’s specified as a non-marking zone then I would assume it’s a compliance issue in regards to customer requirements, but not marking it might create a compliance issue against internal rework or repair procedures.

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Ask your customer?

4. unknown

unknown New Member

Thanks, most probably will be doing that

5. unknown

unknown New Member

Thanks.
    THanks for the reply.. its a dilemma but I think I will contact the customer or OEM to seek for further advise before I carried out any action.

THanks anw

6. Chris(O)

Chris(O) New Member

Hi, may I asked if you have experience any confusion marking “-1” next to part number?

Thanks