1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Japanese OEM first tier...IATF eligible?

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by John C. Abnet, Mar 22, 2018.

1. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day all;
    I was told a statement recently, which I believe to be inaccurate. For this reason, I reach out for some input from this group....

Based solely on clause 1.1 of the standard, any...automotive manufacturing facility is eligible for IATF 16949 certification "...where manufacturing of customer-specified production parts, service parts, and/or accessory parts occur."

This statement does not exclude non-IATF members (such as Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc.....).

Does anyone in this group know of reason why non IATF member OEM suppliers would NOT be eligible?

Thanks in advance.

2. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

Good question. Considering that you have to include products made for non-subscribing automakers it would make sense that you would be eligible. Why you would want to is another question.

3. Serious Man

Serious Man Active Member

There is no such reason and additionally any CB and IATF would be happy to get additional money.

John C. Abnet likes this.
  4. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Thank you @Serious Man that was my understanding as well.