1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Gauge calibration

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Troy M, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Troy M

Troy M New Member

My company is divided into divisions, some ISO certified others not. If a certified division does some work for one of the non certified divisions using the non certified divisions gauges (Non-Calibrated), does that have any implications on the ISO standing of the certified division? I guess what I'm asking is if I keep the product lines separate and visibly distinguisable, can we use the non-calibrated gauges supplied by the non-certified division for their products without any repercussions?

2. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

I would think you would need to treat the non-certified division as a supplier. Thus, you would have controls on what they provide. Since they use non-calibrated gauges, I would suspect a comprehensive receiving inspection would be in order.

Troy M likes this.
  3. Troy M

Troy M New Member

Thank you Golfman, you have confirmed my first instinct. Make them a supplier, create standard work on keeping them isolated. Incoming inspection along with an outgoing release. Include their requirement on inspection equipment in the std work.

I appreciate your response