1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

9.3.2c1 Customer satisfaction and feedback from relevant interested parties

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Anna Wagstaffe, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Anna Wagstaffe

Anna Wagstaffe Member

Hi,
    I understand the need to obtain feedback from customers, but I am struggling to figure out how you would go about getting feedback from other relevant interested parties. Other than a lovely email I received from a training provider on how welcome she felt here, the concept is eluding me.

Can anyone help with this, or is it not really a thing in reality?

Thanks, Anna

2. The PPAP Assassin

The PPAP Assassin Active Member

We send out customer satisfaction surveys once a year to our top 10 customers. Once we get them back, the answers are tallied up and put into a scoring system. The score is apart of our quality objectives to keep it higher than an 86 with no complaints.

3. Anna Wagstaffe

Anna Wagstaffe Member

Thanks PPAP Assassin,

We have methods of obtaining customer feedback, mainly informal at the moment, but I am working on documenting it.
    What I am trying to understand is, is there really a requirement for feedback from other relevant interested parties, and if so, how would you go about obtaining it?

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Who're your interested parties? For the most part, Anna, it's a) management, b) customers, c) suppliers and d) employees. You're probably looking at that information, if somewhat informally, already. Just consolidate it for your Management Review. That's the place to review the Context and this...

5. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Interested parties can include:
    • regulatory bodies (local or national)
    • trade associations (if your company participated in relevant associations)
    • competitors
    Since Clause 4.2 also requires us to "monitor and review information about these interested parties", your management review can also include:
    • reviewing compliance with regulatory bodies
    • reviewing information from trade associations
    • surveying the market and benchmarks

6. Anna Wagstaffe

Anna Wagstaffe Member

I am comfortable with monitoring and reviewing these types of interested parties, but going back to my original question, how would we get feedback from them?
    Thanks

7. Andy Nichols

Do you ever seek feedback from employees? A cultural survey? Exit interviews when people leave etc? What do management think about products and processes?

8. Anna Wagstaffe

Anna Wagstaffe Member

I am comfortable with obtaining feedback from customers, employees and management, it is the regulatory bodies, trade associations, suppliers etc I am struggling with.

9. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

If a regulatory body sends notices to your organization concerning your products, services, operations, etc. - that's feedback. Concerns, advisories, or sanctions from trade associations - these are feedback. If you conduct surveys on your market or conduct benchmarking - the results are feedback.

Feedback from interested parties don't necessarily need to be obtained thru surveys or requests.

ISO 9000:2015 section 3.9.1 defines feedback as "opinions, comments and expressions of interest in a product, a service or a complaints-handling process"

10. Andy Nichols

Purchasing should be able to tell you about your suppliers. Do you have a regulatory body in your industry (product related?)? Trade associations I wouldn't include. From what I've experienced they aren't worth much to you in this particular respect...

Anna Wagstaffe likes this.
  11. BradM

BradM Moderator Staff Member

I have found that simple, honest feedback is hard to beat. Just asking someone how things are going (in the appropriate environment) is a really effective tool. For suppliers, do you perform supplier evaluations? What about quality assessments or something?

If nothing else, take your top three suppliers and schedule an appointment to drop by. Ask how things are going; if they have had issues with your organization. Maybe walk the facility and see if there are any potential issues.

Developing good relations with suppliers is golden. Being able to communicate freely is extremely valuable; especially if there is a failure and you need to talk with them to see if the failure originated with them.

Anna Wagstaffe likes this.
  12. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Tonys

This feedback could be part of the monitoring in 9.3.2 c) 1?
    Thanks

13. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Yes it satisfies the requirements of 9.3.2c.1 if you include them in your Management Review.

14. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Thanks tonys
    Would you be so kind to give some other examples of opportunities? I asked you this two week a ago. I want to fully understand young approach.
    I perceived in your last example the opportunity as if it were a plan for mitigating the risks.
    Thanks

15. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

I believe by understanding the reason why we need to address risks and opportunities, we can easily identify the actions we need. By looking at clause 6.1.1 a) to d), I developed my simple guide to identify the needed actions (see sample slide below):

upload_2018-1-29_18-3-3.png

Qualmx likes this.
  16. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Thanks, well , I understand the opportunity when detected separated, what is not so clear, is when is detected at the same time with the risk, and what actions to treat risk and what actions to treat opportunities , that's why I asked you other two examples of cases having risks and opportunities.
    Thanks again.