1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Improvement in an organization

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by shazy, Jan 11, 2018.

1. shazy

shazy New Member

Hi, I would like to ask for your suggestion.

I'm currently working as qa engineer in a logistics company supplying medical parts to a production company.
    This company just set up last 3 years and there's only one qa engineer before me. What she did was only the procedures of the company.
    Currently my job scope is to conduct quality meeting every month, conduct internal quality audit and issue non conformance report if there's any issue regarding quality.
    I don't have daily job or weekly job.
    So do any of you have any suggestion of what i should do? I'm progressing very slow and i didn't learn much within this 6 months of my employment here.

Thank you

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  2. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Please provide more information in order to receive a more precise help.
    - currently do you have an Iso certification?
    - Are you in this process?

3. shazy

shazy New Member

We are certified with ISO 9001. but this certification is handled by our head company. I am not involved with this.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Find another job?

5. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Maybe is your scope, check your procedures, maybe it is all what you have to do, ask your boss what are your responsibilities, in an Iso system, there are a lot of activities to do, but maybe you only do a part of them.

6. Candi1024

Candi1024 Well-Known Member

With the information you provided, I would examine the internal quality audit to look for improvements. Maybe a nice Histogram to visually show the most commonly occurring deficiencies. Then start action plans to create teams and address the issues. Be sure to create a team, don't try to solve them alone. Auditing to current procedures, even outside of your monthly audit is another good way to identify issues.

In addition, if you haven't already, it never hurts to really read, learn, understand, and if possible experience each and every process and procedure. That should consume most of the rest of your career. :)

jaltangerel likes this.
  7. The PPAP Assassin

The PPAP Assassin Active Member

The person who handles all of the ISO stuff should be delegating tasks to you and giving you direction. It seems to me like the management system there is flawed to begin with if you are struggling to understand your job requirements.

8. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

If nothing else, get out and talk to the folks that are operating under the QMS. Ask what their pain points are. Ask what works best. Ask if they have suggestions for improvement.

9. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

This is called auditing...

Jennifer Kirley likes this.