1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

internal audit plan vs. internal audit program

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by jaltangerel, Dec 19, 2017.

1. jaltangerel

jaltangerel Member

What difference an internal audit plan and an internal audit program?
    Any example of internal audit program?

Thanks for your discussion.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

And internal audit program is defined in various standards (like ISO 19011) as "one or many audits". An audit plan is generally speaking the audit activities of one audit, including timing/duration/responsibilities etc.

Most people use a yearly calendar of audits, but I'd counsel against that because it's a) not required, b) will lead to ineffective audits being done in areas of the business when there's no need/too late/early etc and finally c) you'll be updating it regularly (and if you aren't you should be!)

I use a moving 30 day "window" and look at past recent issues (product problems, customer feedback etc) or (as the ISO 9001 9.2.2 requirements state) changes and importance of processes. These kinds of things don't happen (usually, except in a few cases) to a rigorous calendar.

Noah's Ark and jaltangerel like this.
  3. jaltangerel

jaltangerel Member

It's valuable advice to me. Thank you :)

Andy Nichols likes this.