1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Easy way to remember 10 clause of QMS

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Avinashevs, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Avinashevs

Avinashevs Member

Any one have different approach in mind to remember 10 clause of QMS and 7 principles of QMS. Plz share ur thoughts.

2. Kamuran CAN

Kamuran CAN New Member

Is this necessary?

Is not the standard already with us?

3. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Easiest way I can think of is to actually apply them. You learn by doing...not by memorizing.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I believe it was Albert Einstein who was credited with the quote that he didn't know his phone number from memory, because it was written in the phone book...

5. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Is this school work?

6. Avinashevs

Avinashevs Member

Dear All,
    Why I am writing this bcoz new version of standard change and experience that even external audit not remember or following risk base approach to each process and services. For doing it first need to be understand and standard. Even i have experience that auditor call me and said did u determine ur risk and opportunity. So the question come. All have done that part of remembering for sure.

7. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Please read the book ISO 9001:2015 In Plain English by Craig Cochran. Its explanations should be much more valuable than being able to list the clauses.

8. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Since it is expected that internal auditors and members of QMS core team are familiar with the requirements of the standard, I let them answer a test paper with 50 or more questions about the standard. This test paper is provided to them at least a week prior to attending the QMS training. The intent is to give them adequate time to let them find the answers in the standard. I believe, maybe even Jennifer, that you'll learn faster if you seek answers from the standard than just reading all of its pages. At the training day, we'll discuss the answers. Although most will not get the right answers but they'll understand why they didn't get them right. Sample of questions include:
    1. There are at least 132 “shalls” in ISO 9001:2015 relevant to the major requirement-clauses. Each “shall” indicates a recommendation. a.) True b.) False
    2. Give at least four (4) ISO 9001:2015 clauses with requirements to retain documented information.
    3. One of the requirements of ISO 9001 is to ensure that the Quality Policy is memorized by all levels of the organization. a.) True b.) False
    4. Reviewing the information on the extent of achievement of the quality objectives is a requirement of what ISO 9001:2015 clause?
    5. When management decided to change any to the QMS (see 9.3.3b), what particular clause can we employ to carry out the change?

9. hogheavenfarm

hogheavenfarm Well-Known Member

Nice Tony, I do hope that is is "open book" though...

10. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Yes. It's "open book".