1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Exclusion of external audit for purchase department

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Avinashevs, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Avinashevs

Avinashevs Member

Dear all,
    Want to know your answer on the below situation.
    In the opening meeting of external audit suggest not to do the audit of purchase department as in our internal audit non conformities observe and for the corrective action in progress so doing audit will not add much value to audit so suggest you not to do audit of department. My question is the how u respond as auditor to situations.

2. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

First, what type of audit? Certification or surveillance? With a surveillance you have an opportunity to hit it next time. Certification, not so much. Plus, depending on how far your corrective action is, I might want to take a look to see if there is anything else and how your corrective action process works.

3. Avinashevs

Avinashevs Member

It's stage 2 sudhir.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

In that case, you should ask for another auditor because the one you have is incompetent. The stage 2 is supposed to verify all the requirement management system requirements are in place and being implemented. If you have internal audit findings, then the timing of the stage 2 should permit you time to improve what is needed, as a result. I'd complain to the Certification Body that their audit isn't planning on doing a) what they are supposed to do and b) what you paid them for!

5. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

I read the post as the company, not the auditor, requesting that purchasing be skipped. Not going to happen with a stage 2. Depending on how far along they are, internal audit findings may or may not be a problem. Obviously we all like to have them closed out but sometimes work gets in the way.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  6. Andy Nichols

Good point! Avinashevs, who made the request?

7. Avinashevs

Avinashevs Member

Me my self. Ask to auditor but not get proper answer so sign in for this in forum.

8. Andy Nichols

OK, I think I understand. At the stage 2 audit, the CB auditor must verify all the requirements of the standard which are applicable to your QMS. Because your internal audits found some issues, that doesn't mean the CB auditor doesn't need to also evaluate it - plus whatever your internal audits found. It's inappropriate to make such a request.

9. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

On stage 2, you cannot exclude the purchasing process. CB will need to establish your conformance with the following clauses of ISO 9001:2015:
    8.4; 9.1.3f; 9.3.2c.7.