1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

To add interested parties and context in process map?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Qualmx, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Hu everybody
    Un adapting muy procesa ma to comply 2015, I wonder ir Is recomennded to change cilent in input and output for interested parties because unto interested parties us the client?
    Please comment
    In inpur Also add context
    Thanks

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

No. It's not the purpose of these requirements. If it were, the standard would require it. The purpose of the context of the organization is, if you like to consider things this way, is the design goal/objectives for the QMS. To do what you're proposing is to make things waaay too complex. I believe - from this and your other posts - that you are in danger of making a simple issue (complying with ISO 9001) too complex and, as a result you will end up with a monster quality system which will NOT be usable.

Qualmx likes this.
  3. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

I don't think that translated too well, Qualmx...or the typos make it difficult to read. Still, your English is better than my Spanish. :)

Is this what you are asking? Feel free to edit your post and copy/paste if my translation is correct.

"Hi, everybody.

In adapting my process map to comply to ISO 9001:2015, I wonder if it recommended to change the 'Interested Parties' in input and output to Client because our Client is our 'Interested Parties'?

Please comment.

In input, also add context.

Thanks."

If my translation/edit is correct, Interested Parties is not just Clients...it's Stakeholders who can include:

• Clients
    • Employees
    • Community
    • Vendors
    • Shareholders

I do not understand what you are asking about the context.

4. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Roxane your translation was perfect.
    Sorry Roxane

Im not so bad to type in , the reason, didnt have my glasses and used my cell phone

Regarding this point, I was questioning how recommended it is that in a general process map
    to include in the input as a consideration a text " Organization and its context" and "Interested parties and expectations".

But In interested parties, are suppliers,clients, etc. and we have to comply their requirements,
    but if in interested parties the clients are included, why not just mention Interested parties with their requirements?

Thanks for your translation

5. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

In it's basic schematic representation, a "process map" looks like this:

CUSTOMER ----------> QMS PROCESSES ----------->CUSTOMER

I believe you don't need to change you Customer into Interested Parties. A Customer is an Interested Party. However in ISO 9001, your Customer is the most important among the Interested Parties. Clause 4.2 starts with the statement "Due to THEIR effect...products and services that meet customer...". That means your organization's Interested Parties requirements, if not fulfilled, may impact your products and services. Figure 2 only gives us the guidance to ensure that Context and Needs/Expectations of Interested Parties are considered in establishing a QMS, but you don't need to mirror your "process map" like Figure 2.
    upload_2017-9-16_14-33-38.png

Janene likes this.
  6. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Thanks Tony And would add, if this Is a representation of processes, no need to show IP and context if they are not processes.