1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Presentation to launch 2015 implementation?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Qualmx, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Hi, Does anybody have a Presentation to share to communicate the people
    the launching of the 2015 implementation?
    Im not referring to a presentation showing the differences between 2008 and 2015, nor the 2015 standard with clauses.

I think in a presentation with few slides (6, 7 at most).

The idea is that top management invite to key people in the company to inform about the starting of the
    implementation.

Thanks in advance

2. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Why have the presentation? What are you trying to communicate as part of this launch?

3. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

well, first off, the communication of top management, and also asking to people
    to apply effort and time, to get a compromise, also to show the time frame of the project.
    Thanks

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Each audience is different. Each timeline is different. Nobody else's is going to be much help in this respect. By the time you've found a template, it's quicker to make your own...

Qualmx likes this.
  5. RoxaneB

To be honest, you haven't sold me on the 'why' factor. I'm not sure what you're communicating, but if I received a meeting invite to this I'd be wondering if I really needed to go...what's so special about this meeting that an email couldn't address? A meeting for the sake of a meeting can irritate people.

Andy is right - your presentation is unique to your organization, its resources, and its culture. To be honest, how can you discuss the timeframe without explaining why the timeframe exists (i.e., this means articulating the differences between the versions of the standards...or indicating that the organization will need to possibly address the differences between the standards and any gaps within the existing management system).

If your organization is already registered to the 2008 version and has a mature, robust management system, then management review and strategic planning should have already recognized the need to address the 2015 requirements. I'm not too sure an additional presentation to top management is needed.

Andy Nichols and Qualmx like this.
  6. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day Qualmx;
    I agree in part with most of the responses to your request, nevertheless, your intent (communicating within your organization) is proper and noble. Therefore, I have attached a truncated version of a presentation we have been using as an internal tool. This is created for our selfish internal motives only, is subjective, and not intended to be complete nor definitive. Regardless, you may be able to extract from and/or add to this to accomplish your goals specific to your organization.

Hope this helps.

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

jaltangerel and Qualmx like this.
  7. RoxaneB

Appreciate the attached presentation, John, although, in the original post, Qualmx said "Im not referring to a presentation showing the differences between 2008 and 2015". This is partially why I questioned the purpose behind Qualmx's meeting. I don't understand the purpose behind the meeting - "communication" is insufficient reason, in my opinion, especially if it's only 6-7 slides desired.

If the meeting is more of a kick-off to the transition to the 2015 version, I understand it...but that's not what was implied.

• "Communication" - Of what? Will an email suffice? Does it need to be a meeting?
    • "Asking people to apply time and effort" - To what? And if it's top management only at the meeting, they won't be the ones applying the time/effort, more than likely...it will be someone that they select from their teams. If this was a kick-off meeting to the transition, then I would suggest that those people selected be in the room not top management.
    • "Time frame" - Has the gap analysis been done? Have the Subject Matter Experts helped develop the action plan that supports the communication of a time frame?

I probably sound like I'm flogging Qualmx's meeting to death. Not my intent in the slightest. :) What I would like, however, is for Qualmx's organization to not feel as if ISO is an exercise in red tape bureaucracy where unneeded meetings are held.

If there is going to be a meeting, there are some things Qualmx needs to consider:

• Why should people be there? Why should people care?
    • What are the deliverables that will come out of this?
    • Are there any tangible decisions to be made (e.g., names, due dates, clearly defined roles/responsibilities) or this is simply 30 minutes of people nodding their heads?
    • Are people going to walk out of the room feeling energized and excited, or shaking their heads as they try to understand how they're going to get that time back?

8. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Thanks RoxaneB

I understand your point and you are ok

It is good for people like me, who dont have enough experiences in this stuff, to hear your opinions
    you have walked these roads, have experienced many projects and can suggest better methods and practices to make things easier.

Thank you so much

9. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Instead of a presentation, we distributed printed leaflets during our launching of ISO 9001:2008. Let me share this to you.

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

RoxaneB and Qualmx like this.
  10. RoxaneB

Nice leaflet, Tony! The only thing I would have altered is the use of the word 'we'...folks want to know what's in it for them, so I would have used 'you'. It's more directed to the reader.

tony s and Andy Nichols like this.