1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

New Chem./Resubmit PPAP?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Patrick G., May 23, 2017.

1. Patrick G.

Patrick G. Member

Good morning folks.

I have a supplier that supplies us with a PSA (Pressure sensitive adhesive) and they have substituted an additive in it that does NOT change any of the performance of the PSA. Just a change to the item #. Am I required to resub a PPAP per AIAG? We are currently ISO:9001 2008. Or just if it's a customer req.?

Thanks

Patrick

2. The PPAP Assassin

The PPAP Assassin Active Member

I would just do a level 4 which is just the warrant and any other customer specific requirements with an updated IMDS number that has the new additive. Do you do IMDS submissions? Also look at your customers supplier quality manual for any PPAP requirements. Sometimes they will state what constitutes a resubmission.

3. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Do you subscribe to the requirements of AIAG? or to the requirements of your customer? Thru PPAP or not, you should inform you customer of the change. If your customer is TS 16949 certified, they will eventually require you to have verification/validation records as per clause 7.1.4. or IATF 16949 clause 8.5.6.1.

The PPAP Assassin and Patrick G. like this.