1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Regarding to Internal audit

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by mohamed raazith, May 15, 2017.

1. mohamed raazith

mohamed raazith Member

Dear all;

As our company is on updation stage of ISO 9001:2015. We identified all our risk, internal issues , external issues expectation of interested parties , and mitigation plans identified risk and our first surveillance audit will be conducted soon.

my doubt is whether i need to conduct internal audit on the basis of ISO 9001:2015 standards or else I want to follow ISO 9001:2008 clauses etc

My external certification body says their stage 1 audit will be conducted to ensure the documented information (Hard copy/ Soft copy) is adequate and meeting the ISO 9001:2015 standard requirements.

Please tell me on what basis i want to conduct an internal audit

2. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

From your other posts, I assume that your organization is certified to the 2008. Since a surveillance audit is forthcoming, your CB will still use the 2008's requirements as the main audit criteria. Any issues that will be raised against the 2015 version should be treated as "unofficial" findings of 2008's 1st surveillance audit. However, since you are upgrading to the 2015 version, make use of the "unofficial" findings as OFIs for your organization's transition effort.

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Have you started to implement your management system in compliance with the ISO 9001:2015 requirements? Or is what you describe just a paperwork exercise? Regardless of what your CB says, have you updated your management system to 2015 requirements? If so, then you should be auditing the new/changed requirements.

You should not have been auditing to clauses - regardless of the 2008 requirements. That hasn't changed.

4. mohamed raazith

mohamed raazith Member

Dear sir
    We have updated all the documented information compliance with the ISO 9001:2015. but implement of risk finding is ongoing

For example we find there is a risk in storing our finished goods ( LV Cables) in open Yards because due to the weather changes there is a probability of getting damage of our finished goods. So our mitigation plan is to built a warehouse.
    Like wise whatever our risk finding is still on implementation stage, but for analyzing the Risk I used FMEA tools. like what ever the documented requirement is completed.

So shall i conduct the audit on the basis of new version

5. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Audit your organization against your established QMS requirements. You can use 2008 and 2015 as your audit criteria for your internal audit. However, your CB should limit their issues against the 2008 version since it's a surveillance audit.