1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Regarding the strategic direction of an organisation

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by mohamed raazith, May 4, 2017.

1. mohamed raazith

mohamed raazith Member

Dear ALL;

Now our company is on updation stage of ISO 9001:2015. Actually i identified internal & external issues of the organisation through SWOT and PESTEL analysis, and also i identified the requirement of interested parties. But my doubt is how to fix the strategic direction of our company.
    please clarify me regarding to the strategic direction of an organisation

2. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Strategies are actually the output of a SWOT Analysis. For example, I have a vision of having a "fit and healthy body". By SWOT Analysis, my strategies may include the following:
    upload_2017-5-4_21-49-48.png

3. mohamed raazith

mohamed raazith Member

dear sir
    Thank you for your reply.
    Shall we record our organisation strategic direction by considering the internal and external issues in management review meeting.

4. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that strategic directions are higher in level than quality objectives, Hence, clause 5.1.1b mentions "ensuring that the quality policy and quality objectives are established for the quality management system and are compatible with the context and strategic direction of the organization".

Reviewing the extent of achieving the quality objectives (see clause 9.3.2c.2) provides the management of an organization suitable information on the realization of their strategic directions.
    Internal and external issues can affect the approach in developing and achieving objectives and should be considered during a management review.