1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Corrective actions very late attended with no data

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Management Systems' started by Qualmx, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Qualmx

Qualmx Well-Known Member

Hi all

Please share your opinion regarding corrective actions

I'll explain, several findings in an internal audit were found
    The responsibles of the process, were notified at that time.

However, people on that positions left the company, including the administrator of the Quality System
    Now Im covering that position (QMS coordinator)

Then when revising the progress of CA´s, a lot of them were not attended in 3 months

Now I´m asking the new responsibles, to take the CA´s. Since these persons, dont know the processes, nor the specific problems found, because they are new in the company, we may not expect a good analysis.

I have to say that this findings are minor (some records were not filled out well)

So it is difficult to find the real root causes.

My question , could that CA be cancelled, saying that there are not enough elements
    to make the analysis to find the root cause?

Please give me your opinion.
    Thanks

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hi Qualmx!

For a start, don't force Corrective Action on all internal audit findings. Allow them to be corrected. When you have issues which, as you say, make analysis difficult, then just correct them. A big mistake many organizations make is forcing CA on IA non-conformities, just like CBs do. Allow for corrections, too...

Nikki and Qualmx like this.
  3. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

If the NC has ongoing adverse effects, take Andy's advice - implement corrections. The standard requires us to "evaluate the need for CA". If you deemed CA is necessary, then initiate cause analysis to effectively find solution. If you deemed not, then correction of the NC is adequate.

Qualmx likes this.
  4. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

Organizational changes occur a lot in big companies. The result is that the QMS is left with unresolved CAs. In my situation, I analyze the risk of the finding, attribute the cause to "lack or absence of resources-identify exactly which resource, implement correction and close the CA. A follow-up audit is conducted after a few months to verify the effectiveness of the action taken.

Qualmx likes this.